[nycbug-talk] php conflict from ports

Isaac Levy ike
Wed Jan 12 14:15:28 EST 2005

Hi Steve,

On Jan 12, 2005, at 1:52 PM, steve rieger wrote:

> hi all, have a question i am sure some of you came across already.
>
> i have a requirement to install php pear, but when trying to install
> from ports it tells me that i must uninstall mod_php, if i uninstall
> mod_php and then install pear me thinks that me can not reinstall
> mod_php, how would i get apache to run with mod_php in that case.

Yuck.

Are you certain that the ports installer for php pear won't just
reinstall mod_php clean?

Hrm.  After I just looked up pear, there's a LOT of ports for it.  This
may be a good question for a nyphp list...

There may be an easy way around this that I can't see, but I'll throw
in my .02? on the issue- running Apache/mods from Ports can become
wicked complex (insane to maintain) when one has to incorporate new or
different add-ons, (dependancy loops like this can become a puzzle much
more time consuming than just installing Apache w. everything from
sources...).

If it's trivial, I'd really seriously consider trying to Install at
least the 'php pear' package from source- it may be simpler/cleaner to
maintain in the long run.

end .02?

Rocket-
.ike