[nycbug-talk] Check out new minimac :)

Isaac Levy ike
Thu Jan 13 21:23:25 EST 2005

On Jan 13, 2005, at 7:37 PM, O_Sleep wrote:

> Take note that this box isn't supposed to be user serviceable like the
> imac.  Course this hasn't stopped people before....
>
> -Bjorn

Yeah- on that note actually, I was looking at the RAM prices for it-
1gb stick seems WAY the heck overpriced from Apple- I'm wondering if
3rd party ram is kosher and available for the little rig?
(i.e. add 1gb from apple, +$425 whereas pricewatch gets the same specs
ram for around $95 - BIG difference...)

I'd assume that a stick of 'PC2700 (333MHz) DDR SRAM' simply is what it
is... quality is always an issue though, but(?)...

Rocket-
.ike