[nycbug-talk] request for feedback

Pete Wright pete
Fri Jan 21 13:18:07 EST 2005

On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 09:45:40AM -0500, steve wrote:
> hi all, i respect your opinions, well most of you anyways, and would
> like to know if you can take a look at www.n2sw.com/phpinfo.php. i am
> looking for feedback as to how i compiled php with various components.
> if you have ideas about how i can make it better or if i have done
> something wrong please do let me know thanx.

without knowing what you are going to be using this php install for it's
hard to say specifically but a couple things i noticed.  you've obviously
enabled alot of flags on your php build...are all of them neccessary?  for
example do you need the --enable-ftp flag, i'm just thinking that these
are alot of things to keep track of from a security perspective.  you've
also turned on support for pgsql and mysql, are you planning on using both
DB's?  i'm more of the type that keeps things pretty lean and mean on my
install's....it's easier to keep track of what's doing what and makes security
and debugging easier to track down.  just my two bits...and hoping that i
fall into the group whose opinion you respect on the list ;)

-p

--
~~oO00Oo~~
Peter Wright