[nycbug-talk] net cam

michael lists
Fri Jan 21 15:54:59 EST 2005

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 15:40:26 -0500
"G. Rosamond" <george at sddi.net> wrote:

> Please expand. . . for who?  for what purpose?  business?  snooping on
> your snooty manhattan neighbors?
>
> I'm asking since I've dealt a bit with high level DVR systems. . . so
> I could speak to the guy who does the cameras themselves. . . or do
> you mean the system in general?

This is not just a web cam to talk to grandma.  This is an inexpensive
security type cam that will hook to an existing network, not necessarily
to a pc.  One use could be to see how much coffee is left in the pot in
the break room.  Or maybe to watch the computer room door and video log
visitors. Or, make sure my snooty manhattan neighbors are not climbing
in my windows.

I was just pinging the list to see if anyone has a preference for these
devices.

Michael

--
---