[nycbug-talk] Re: thoughts, issues, and ideas.

a nice bug nycbug
Mon Jan 24 10:20:00 EST 2005

steve:

> "Hi everybody!!!!!!
> I need help to compile postfix under OpenBSD with SASL and MYSQL
> support.  Is anybody can help me???????"
>
> the first answer that came through was as follows
>
> "cd /usr/ports/mail/postfix/stable && env FLAVOR="sasl2 mysql" make
> install clean
>
> That'll install 2.1.5 with MySQL and SASL support."
>
> which is the perfect (in my opinion) answer to the question. nobody

That is an incomplete and inadequate answer - anyone can say "make
install reboot and call me in the morning". If you want to see what
good answers look like, visit perlmonks.org.

I never though this list was a technical support list, especially
since it is called "talk" and not "bsd-users" or "BSD-commando".
Besides, those lists exist elsewhere, and freebsd-isp is as
interesting as the Postfix-users list. I always thought this list
was for peripheral/cultural/commerce issues around *BSD, although
the occasional technical queries about specific issues were welcome.