[nycbug-talk] shared hosting

G. Rosamond george
Mon Jan 24 17:34:58 EST 2005

On Jan 24, 2005, at 2:45 PM, Marc Spitzer wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 14:33:52 -0500, Isaac Levy <ike at lesmuug.org> wrote:
>> On Jan 24, 2005, at 2:28 PM, steve wrote:
>>
>>> who on this list provides shared hosting, am looking for 2 domains to
>>> start with
>>>

>>> please respond off list
>>
>> Noo!  Please respond on-list, I'd like to know too!
>
> This would be good to have up on the website, it is a faqish local bsd
> type of thing.

Excellent idea Marc. . . MW: we should investigate. . .

There are a number of BSD-using vendors on or around this list who
should be listed .  .

GeekISP, Loftmail/BizIntegrators, NY Internet. . . then Pilosoft the
Linux one with heavy-duy Alex. . .

There are others, but I can't remember off the top of my head . . .

At some point, I would also like to see free jails or shared virtual
hosting provided free to NYC*BUG members by somebody. . . either the
firm donates and manages for us, or we have a box they host for us, and
we run the box, provide jails, etc. . .

MS: other services to include. . .?  EMail/WWW hosting, ISP, etc. . .

Criteria to get on the list. . ? Free/Open Source or BSD-only?

This is a use for the BSD Tracker app that we really haven't pushed
enough. . .