[nycbug-talk] shared hosting

Pete Wright pete
Tue Jan 25 02:12:24 EST 2005

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 05:34:58PM -0500, G. Rosamond wrote:

> At some point, I would also like to see free jails or shared virtual
> hosting provided free to NYC*BUG members by somebody. . . either the
> firm donates and manages for us, or we have a box they host for us, and
> we run the box, provide jails, etc. . .

i'd even like to take this a step further and possibly look into some sort
of "co-op ISP" type situation.  maybe where interested members from nycbug
and other UG's get together and see if it would make sense to go in and
lease out a rack from a co-lo facility.  hopefully giving an ISP very good
exposure from the user groups, and members get a cut-rate for a rack or so.
i know i pay out of pocket for dedicated internet connect's for work/play,
and can assume others would be interested as well, if it makes sense
financially that is.

-pete

--
~~oO00Oo~~