[nycbug-talk] shared hosting

Josh McCormack joshmccormack
Thu Jan 27 20:43:15 EST 2005

Sunny Dubey wrote:
>   With XEN only the kernel needs to be ported to a
> quasi-architecture.  There is zero editing of the userspace libraries or
> tools.
<lots of good stuff cut>

Only the kernel? I'm a little confused. In one of the articles I read
leaders of various Linux distros were asked about supporting XEN. So
would all that would be required be to custom compile your Linux kernel?
  And if NetBSD already supports it, and OpenBSD will support it soon,
what about FreeBSD?

XEN sounds pretty incredible. After seeing a friend use VMWare like
crazy and in really awesome ways, I'm excited about this.

Josh