[nycbug-talk] Anyone using Pentium-D?

Michael Hanulec hanulec
Fri Jul 1 00:35:05 EDT 2005

Pentinum-D is p4 based.  this style of intel dual core architecture have
two cores sharing the same fsb.  intel has about two or three other
designs in the works.  they will be coming out w/ a p3-based centrino
single socket/dual core platform which seems cool (in technology and
wattage) but that will require another motherboard sytle, etc.

right now (or maybe until intel really changes their game plan) your
better off w/ the athlon64 or opteron dual cores (which will support quad
cores in 2007).  the amd architecture really shines when accessing memory
in dual core configs.

--
hanulec at hanulec.com		cell: 858.518.2647 && 516.410.4478
http://www.hanulec.com                EFnet irc && aol im: hanulec