[nycbug-talk] [OT] FreeBSD 5.4 crashing?

Matt Juszczak matt
Fri Jul 1 02:03:23 EDT 2005

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005, Dan Casey wrote:

> I had a bitch of a time with my FreeBSD 5.3 box. all types of random
> stuff was happening.. Some programs would core dump randomly for no
> reason. Rebooting the computer would actually lock it up instead of
> shutting it down all the way.. Disabling hyperthreading fixed a few of
> the problems Disable ACPI fixed everything else.

Interesting, I actually disabled hyperthreading already.  I also disabled
IPF, which has made it stable since ... weird huh?  If I have anymore
problems I'll try ACPI as a last resort.

Curious ... was your box SMP?