[nycbug-talk] Stablity fixed??? Maybe???

Matt Juszczak matt
Fri Jul 1 19:02:00 EDT 2005

> I followed your thread (s) and just wanted to say, i had some bad experiences
> recently also with FBSD <=5.3, but one time is was (brand new) bad RAM. . .
> I would do the make install world ladi-doti, then make would bomb out at
> different times, but the OS seemed fine overall.  Memtest showed me the light
> though. . . which was probably the only reasonable explanation to arbitrary
> crashes during make. . .

George,

Thanks for your reply.

Mem test is fine.  I've compiled a kernel and done buildworld 5 times in
one day, on a loop :)  They all went fine.

I actually ran portsdb in a loop too since that seems to be a fairly
intensive process...

The mail flood of 1.2 million emails looked good too until it started
saying it couldn't write to the mail spool.  Then idiot me did an ls -al
/var/mail (which did a FULL request to ldap) and everything just hung from
there, including console.  Maybe I used up all available connections or
something ... an ls -al usually takes a few minutes anyway cause nss and
pam have to talk to ldap first, but this took about 15 and still no
respone :)

-Matt