[nycbug-talk] Getting started in Consulting

Bob Ippolito bob
Fri Jul 1 19:06:02 EDT 2005

On Jul 1, 2005, at 11:56 AM, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, Louis Bertrand wrote:
>

>> It depends on what you're doing. I'm setting up a versioning
>> repository
>> for teaching materials at school, and I think Subversion will handle
>> binary files and directory tree refactoring more gracefully.
>>

> Interesting.
>

>> For mostly text files in a stable file system hierarchy
>> and command line user interface, CVS is lightweight and solid.
>>

> That describes most of my paid work. Maybe will give subversion a
> try for one of my hobby projects.

Unless you're using wrappers, then subversion does nearly everything
that CVS does, but better.

If you're using wrappers, you probably don't need them anymore with
Subversion.. but if you do, then you're mostly out of luck for now.

-bob