[nycbug-talk] Tech publications to write for..

Francisco Reyes lists
Mon Jul 4 21:49:08 EDT 2005

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005, Dru wrote:

>> Other than Oreilly anyone knows of any other publisher that uses freelance
>> writers for tech articles?

Thanks!!

> You send Rikki an outline which she forwards to the editor for a yeah/nay.
> Ideas don't necessarily have to follow the editorial calendar. If the idea is
> accepted, you're given a deadline for the article.

>From the one article I submited to Oreilly I have learnt to write the
article first.. then find a buyer for it. Otherwise I postpone writing it
and that's not good when deadlines are involved..

I figure it would be very $$ helpfull to get 1 or 2 articles submited
every month to different publications.

> http://www.linuxuser.co.uk/content/view/48/26/
> UK Magazine which has a BSD section and has been bugging me to provide more
> BSD content (which I haven't time for at the moment). Haven't written for
> them yet so can't comment on lead time or payment. Try dropping Daniel James
> a line (danieljames at linuxuser.co.uk) and tell him I suggested he might be
> interested in some (BSD) technical content.

Great!
Will approach that lead first.