[nycbug-talk] Internet 768kb and up on a budget

jh jhlists
Tue Jul 5 10:39:51 EDT 2005

alex at pilosoft.com wrote:

> Get two 3000/768 DSL lines, with them or with us, 2*50$. Some duct tape to
> do load balancing, done/done.

Just imagine if some innovative DSL vendor came up with a "bonded"
product (think Etherchannel for DSL) that allowed the end user to
transparently do what the OP is looking to do. Perhaps they'd sell a
preconfigured Soekris PC that was the "duct tape", so that even those
that were only moderately technically enabled could take advantage of this.

Perhaps they'd sell more than a few new DSL lines, at higher margin,
than they would otherwise, and give even more users a reason to switch
to their service. Would I trade my $50 single line for two bonded lines
priced at $125-$150/month (and pay for the black box)? Most certainly.

Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.

jh