[nycbug-talk] Internet 768kb and up on a budget

alex at pilosoft.com alex
Tue Jul 5 22:36:13 EDT 2005

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005, David Rio Deiros wrote:

> Thanks George. Do you know if this feature is implemented in BSD? As far
> as I know it is not.
With KAME patches, yes, bsd supports multipath. (RADIX_MPATH)
(not on every *bsd, google for kame multipath).

there's been some fbsd-native ecmp patches, google for 'multipath
freebsd'.

> > Not sure what happens if a link fails and I wonder if it would work
> > with one physical interface...
It will not detect link failures. Google for linux "dead gateway
detection" patches

> One more question, does this system caches routes?  If it does, It means
> that routes to often used sites will use always the same provider.
Yes, both linux and fbsd are route-cache-based.