[nycbug-talk] maildir client via smb for windows...

Kevin Reiter tux
Thu Jul 7 00:07:11 EDT 2005

Kevin Reiter wrote:
> George Georgalis wrote:
>
>> Is there is a decent (netscape mail being the gold standard here) email
>> client than can grok maildirs? I'm in a position where I need to setup
>> pop for a client with the maildir already on his desktop..
>

> Sylpheed and Sylpheed+claws comes immediately to mind, and it also works
> on Win32 if you ever need to use it cross-platform.  GnuPG support
> built-in, too.  I've used it off and on for years until Thunderbird came
> out..

Sorry, forgot to post the URL for it (although it's in the ports tree):

http://sylpheed.org
http://claws.sylpheed.org

I'd recommend the +claws version, as it's more feature-rich.  Supports
themes, plugins, and a bunch of other stuff as well.  There's even a bunch
of scripts you can grab on the site to do all kinds of neat things.

-Kev