[nycbug-talk] ports question

Kevin Reiter tux
Thu Jul 7 19:04:24 EDT 2005

Hey all,

Here's a stupid question - is there a way to download the files for a
port you want to install without actually installing it at that time?

Here's my situation:  I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow for a week, and
won't have net access, but I'd like to install a few apps offline via
ports, and I'd like to avoid looking for the files, checking the MD5,
blah blah blah before I leave, since that would take entirely too long.
  Is there an automagic way to accomplish this?  (Kinda like Debian's
apt-get thing for you Linux gurus.)

TIA,

-Kev