[nycbug-talk] crontab woes

George Georgalis george
Tue Jul 19 18:01:39 EDT 2005

On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 05:45:46PM -0400, Kevin Reiter wrote:
>N.J. Thomas wrote:
>>
>>    0 * * * * /usr/bin/env >> /tmp/foo 2>&1
>>

>Setup to run in another half hour (have to leave for a bit so it should
>run while I'm gone) and I'll let you know what happens (or doesn't happen
>in this case.)

when it does check PATH, like in a ssh invoked command the env is not
always what you expect.  You can set PATH right in your crontab file or
in the script you're calling. Per Mickey's advice, I bet a no such file
or directory error is in your log. :)

// George

--
George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator Linux BSD IXOYE
http://galis.org/george/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george at galis.org