[nycbug-talk] Dual boot IBM thinkpad T40?

Joshua S. Freeman jfreeman
Wed Jul 27 13:40:34 EDT 2005

Hi Bruno, Okan, et al...

So, here's the plan.

I'm going to use our campus/corporate licensed XP Pro install media to
format the drive, make 2 partitions and install XP Pro with our key on
the first partition.. (plus all the other stuff we install as a base
like spybot, Norton Corp. Anti-Virus, etc...).

Then I'll install FreeBSD on the other partition.

I'm going to blow away IBM's recovery stuff because I've already been
told that if I set this box up as a dual boot and go to use the IBM
recovery stuff later it'll just get messed up anyway..

But.. is that correct?  or.. is there still an argument for leaving the
IBM recovery partition (which is the second partition) intact?

J.