[nycbug-talk] php 4 on freebsd 5.4 coring

Hans Zaunere lists
Wed Jun 1 17:08:52 EDT 2005

> make install
>
> did a cvsup prior, we are talking abour php4 and its installed from
> /usr/ports/lang/php4 nor mod_php4 also the mssql and the sybase
> extensions caused major errors with php so i removed them, am thinking
> that there is a issue with php4-oracle extension.

Yeah, probably - since you likely don't have Oracle running on your FreeBSD box.

I love the ports system, but when dealing with PHP, just compile PHP itself.  Using ports to install the needed libraries is great, but with PHP just use ./configure and set the extensions you want.