[nycbug-talk] FreeBSD 5.4 weirdness

Trish Lynch trish
Thu Jun 2 17:33:52 EDT 2005

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, Marco Scoffier wrote:

>> you have an open but unlink(2)ed file somewhere.
>> use fstat(1) or that other thing ... lsof!
>
> Yep found it.  I had opened a huge log in vi in another xterm and
> and forgot about the vi session then removed the huge log file.
>
> Thanks Mickey,

A little history: Mickey and I were part of the first beer-drinkin' food
eatin' F/BUNY
(it was FUNY, changed to BUNY after we branched out from FreeBSD to all
BSD)....

I still have the original web pages of the original BSD User group in NYC.
I met Mickey in '99 I think...

wow, ancient history now...

It wasn;t the same as this user group, it was primarily social, and did
things like take DES, and Luigi Rizzo to dinner when they were here from
out of town, and then we manned the BSD advocacy booths at all the NYC
LWCE events for a little while. (and The Bazaar)

its hard to believe I've been involved with the BSD community almost 10
years now...

-Trish

Trish Lynch					   trish at bsdunix.net
Ecartis Core Team 			      trish at listmistress.org
EFNet IRC Operator/SysAdmin @ irc.dkom.at             AilleCat at EFNet
Key fingerprint = 781D 2B47 AA4B FC88 B919  0CD6 26B2 1D62 6FC1 FF16