[nycbug-talk] open source HVAC control software

Robert J Collins rcollins
Fri Jun 3 12:18:17 EDT 2005

I don't think the original poster meant HVAC sensors, but HVAC controls.
They do more than just detect temp/humidity/etc. You can actually control
the equipment. For example, Andover Controls uses a piece of software called
continuum. I don't use it much, but from what I've seen using continuum you
can shutdown condensors, close ducts and deactivate smoke/heat detectors.
Cool stuff.

I know even less about cross posting than I do about HVAC. Hopefully the
nylug-talk users won't get a:
"[nylug-talk] [nycbug-talk] open source HVAC control software" subject. I
apologize in advance if I've caused a bit of chaos.

-rcollins