[nycbug-talk] Getting started in Consulting

Isaac Levy ike
Fri Jun 3 20:40:36 EDT 2005

Wordup Francisco, All,

On Jun 3, 2005, at 8:26 PM, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> absolutely doesn't care what I use as long as it works..

+1 - it's the key with most clients I want to be working with.  They
don't know, they pay me to know.

--
Also, as not to be disheartened by reality, I'd add that making sure
clients expectations for whatever you do are realistic- prep them for

Once you get to a certain point with direction for whatever your doing,
you'll be able to (and have the cashflow to) drop jobs you know will
end in chaos- but starting out, it's realistic to expect to manage a
number of 'clients who know best' and do not really.  Just don't let it
ever get you down- it takes some time, but everyone eventually somehow
gets beyond client work like that.

Rocket-
.ike