[nycbug-talk] 6.0 coming up fast

Charles Sprickman spork
Sun Jun 5 17:23:28 EDT 2005

And I thought I was getting ahead of the curve with giving 5.4 a shot...

Has anyone here been following this closely enough to take a jab at what a
5.x to 6.x upgrade might entail?  Will it be as bad as the 4.x to 5.x
jump?

____
The long anticipated and much feared 6.0 code freeze is about to begin!
I'll cut to the chase:

June 10   - Feature freeze + code slush
^^^^^^^

July 10   - RELENG_6 branch
August 1  - RELENG_6_0 branch
August 15 - 6.0-RELEASE

>From June 10 until the release, the number one priority is fixing bugs.
All of the dates after June 10 are somewhat fluid and subject to change
depending on where we are with stability.  We won't release 6.0 until
it is ready, but I'm pretty confident that we'll have it ready by
August.
____