[nycbug-talk] Getting started in Consulting

Jerry B. Altzman jbaltz
Thu Jun 9 10:15:44 EDT 2005

Perhaps it's time to start nycbug-freelancers :-)

On 06/09/05 09:50 AM, Francisco Reyes wrote:
>> What resources have you find to help when tax time come? How did you keep
>> track of expenses ?
> Get an American Express for your business.. they give the cards
> considerably more freely than others... but that means you can only
> spend what you have.. Amex is a debit card. You have to pay at the end
> of the month.

Be very careful with credit cards. You can easily dig yourself a very
deep hole.

That having been said, if you declare a corporation, credit card
companies will come and find *YOU*. I have had no fewer than 5 offers; I
picked one that just "seemed right" and gave me 11 months of 0% APR and
some other stuff I'll probably never use (miles).

Moreover, if you're working for clients, it's nice to have a separate
account to separate out your personal spending from your client spending.

//jbaltz
--
jerry b. altzman  jbaltz at 3phasecomputing.com  +1 718 763 7405
thank you for contributing to the heat death of the universe.