[nycbug-talk] Forbes Magazine on Linux and the BSDs. . .

Dan Langille dan
Fri Jun 17 16:33:53 EDT 2005

On 17 Jun 2005 at 16:04, Michael Shalayeff wrote:

> Making, drinking tea and reading an opus magnum from Dan Langille:

> > Let's use FreeBSD as something I advocate  In my strategy, and the
> > one I encourage in others, is to show why what I like about FreeBSD.
> > That should be sufficient.  If that isn't enough to convince people
> > that FreeBSD is an excellent choice, then I haven't done my advocacy
> > very well.  I can do that entirely without bad-mouthing another
> > project.
>
> the question was not for presenting openbsd in the best possible
> light but rather for one particular dude's opinion on linux.
> so his opinion seems to be -- linux is garbage.
> you are free to disagree w/ that but you are most certainly
> not in a position to police his opinion.

I have not commented upon anyone else's opinion.  I have been talking
about what I do and what I recommend others do.

--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - The Technical BSD Conference - http://www.bsdcan.org/