[nycbug-talk] MSNBC on the decline of technology jobs

Michael Shalayeff mickey
Mon Jun 20 12:59:00 EDT 2005

Making, drinking tea and reading an opus magnum from George R.:
> Interesting read. . .
>
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8280452/
>
> I myself have been through the glares of the pre-dot com age from upper
> management ("ew, one of *those* weirdos"), through the 'glories' of the
> late 1990's, to the mixed picture of today, which I think is overall
> better a better picture for technology people than many in the press are
> portraying.

yeah but then they talk about java and c++...
is that really the way of the future?

> Do others think there is longeivity in technology?  Is anyone taking on
> of those $99 bartender training courses to prepare for the worst?
> (although certainly automation and outsourcing have put bartenders in
> their sights. . .)

did you mention bartender courses just because his name is mo ? (:

cu

--
    paranoic mickey       (my employers have changed but, the name has remained)