[nycbug-talk] MSNBC on the decline of technology jobs

George R. george
Mon Jun 20 13:20:22 EDT 2005

Michael Shalayeff wrote:
> Making, drinking tea and reading an opus magnum from George R.:
> [Charset ISO-8859-1 unsupported, filtering to ASCII...]
>
>>Interesting read. . .
>>
>>http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8280452/
>>
>>I myself have been through the glares of the pre-dot com age from upper
>>management ("ew, one of *those* weirdos"), through the 'glories' of the
>>late 1990's, to the mixed picture of today, which I think is overall
>>better a better picture for technology people than many in the press are
>>portraying.
>

> yeah but then they talk about java and c++...
> is that really the way of the future?

maybe not the future, but there's certainly more advertised jobs out
there for c++ and java versus for C. . . unless you consider volunteer
efforts.  ;-'

>>Do others think there is longeivity in technology?  Is anyone taking on
>>of those $99 bartender training courses to prepare for the worst?
>>(although certainly automation and outsourcing have put bartenders in
>>their sights. . .)
>

> did you mention bartender courses just because his name is mo ? (:

that's what i meant by outsourcing bartender jobs. . . all seem to be
going to mo. . . and i'm not on his good side this month.