[nycbug-talk] MSNBC on the decline of technology jobs

Marc Spitzer mspitzer
Wed Jun 22 12:03:01 EDT 2005

On 6/21/05, alex at pilosoft.com <alex at pilosoft.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Jun 2005, Isaac Levy wrote:
>
> > Quantitively, I believe your sentiment is wrong- I've seen extremely
> > talented techs get the axe, while really brain-dead XYZ-certified people
> > retain their jobs right next to them.
> That happens. However, the clued people will get a new job fairly quickly,
> and XYZ-certified won't, if they get axed.

If by that you mean people who had lots of connections out side of the
company they worked for then yes.  I was out of work for almost 2
years because all the people I knew professionally were working at my
old company and there was a hiring freeze there.  Now when I did the
monster/headhunter thing there were a lot of other qualified people
who were also out of work.  And I came in second or so on a lot of
jobs and there is no check assocated from the second guy/gal on the
list down.  And you tell me Alex am I good?

marc