[nycbug-talk] MSNBC on the decline of technology jobs

Francisco Reyes lists
Wed Jun 22 13:56:49 EDT 2005

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 alex at pilosoft.com wrote:

> That happens. However, the clued people will get a new job fairly quickly,
> and XYZ-certified won't, if they get axed.

Define "clued people".
Someone that rides whatever latest technology is "hot"?

I really don't know how it works on the networking/telco world, but in
software development I don't think it's so clear cut.. Specially when you
have LOTS many more people available than jobs.

Also someone's technical abilities have nothing to do with someone's
ability to search for jobs. Heck I have met great tech people that were
awfull at interviews.

> I do. If someone went into computers just for money and doesn't have love
> or understanding of technology, they don't belong in this industry.

Agree.

That still doesn't mean that people who love computers will have an easier
time at finding a job than someone who is in just for the money.. If
anything someone on it just for the money probably has better skills at
getting the next job and learning technology for the sake of making
money.. regardless of how good/bad the techology is.