[nycbug-talk] MSNBC on the decline of technology jobs

alex at pilosoft.com alex
Wed Jun 22 17:47:00 EDT 2005

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005, Charles Sprickman wrote:

> > I'd think a lecture that covers an 'Alex-view' of practical basics of
> > C/C++ in the context of common 'gotchas' and best practices for an
> > SA/Scripter audience, (covering stuff that SA's and
> > non-formally-trained folks tend to mess up painfully), would be a
> > REALLY cool topic somewhere... I'd *totally* show up.
> >
> > Anyone have any thoughts, on this?
>
> I'd attend that one.
>
> Another good one would be something like "understanding object-oriented
> programming in php and perl", because I get all dyslexic as soon as I
> look at that stuff.
Unfortunately, I am a horrid public speaker. :)

However, if you looking for understanding OOP in perl - read damien
conway's book. it is most awesome.

I dont think php quite qualifies as proper object-oriented language, but I
may be biased against php ;)