[nycbug-talk] newbie: ports into a jail

Marco Scoffier marco
Thu Jun 23 11:16:22 EDT 2005

Hey all,

Sorry if this has been covered.  For some reason I am not coming across
a clear answer.  I am setting up a jail to run a slashcode server (lots
of ports need to be installed including mysql, apache, perl modules).

I would like to install these ports in the jail.  Do I have to cvsup a
whole ports tree into the jail (thus having 2 ports trees, and gcc etc
in the jail) or can I use the host environment's ports tree and:

  make DESTDIR=/jails/192.168.1.12/usr/local/ install

Thought I would ask before making a mess of things especially the
dependencies.

Thanks,

--
Marco