[nycbug-talk] BSD Family Tree

George R. george
Thu Jun 23 21:41:58 EDT 2005

pete wright wrote:
> On 6/23/05, Michael Shalayeff <mickey at lucifier.net> wrote:
>
>>Making, drinking tea and reading an opus magnum from pete wright:
>>[Charset ISO-8859-1 unsupported, filtering to ASCII...]

>>>thanks guy's, i think i've checked this out in the past.  i guess i
>>>was more interested in what types of network
>>>applicances/switches/routers that BSD has morphed into.  I suppose due
>>>to the nature of the license, it's kinda hard to track this stuff.
>>
>>not because of the license but because of the vendors.
>>

> yea good point, i guess i was being a pesimist assuming that vendors
> will act poorly when allowed to which is more of an issue with them
> not the license itself.

To assemble such a list would be an enormous task.

There are a good number of hardcore engineers around. . . a handful on
our list, but obviously, that type of industry in more west than east
coast, so we're not exactly in the position to initiate among members.

It might be nice to start another database, like dmesgd and bsdtracker,
that accumulated 'bsd-based products', which someone from a firm could
add to. . . I just wonder if any would respond.

It's funny, we've all had the "snap server, nokia (although moving
away), juniper" discussion. . .