[nycbug-talk] gmail issues

Hans Zaunere lists
Sun Jun 26 13:14:21 EDT 2005

> > I contacted Google about this.  It's a feature that they won't change.
>
> What was the "feature," Hans?
>
> The reason I ask is that for some lists (eg talk at nyphp.org), I see
> copies of my messages, whereas for others I don't. And when we were
> experimenting with Clew, I would see my outgoing *and* the bounce back
> from the mailer.

That's a good question.  It's more a broken implementation of no-dupe on the email client side than anything else.  I've seen the same behavior, where some lists you'll get a copy of the message and in some cases you won't.

For whatever reason, they're trying to filter dupes that result in sending from a gmail account.  It probably throws the ad words statistics off...