[nycbug-talk] Unkosher Mac file request

George R. george
Mon Jun 27 22:49:59 EDT 2005

jh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm hoping that someone here takes pity on me :) or really, my friend
> with the basket case Mac.
>
> I'm trying to get a friend's aging Mac (iMac w/ 10.3.7 on it) working...
> but I've hit a wall. His OS disks are scratched; his original hard drive
> crapped (recovered it via dd_rescue onto a spare IDE drive I had), his
> Installer is corrupt. End of the line...
>
> Can anyone shoot me a copy of Installer that might work on this box?
> He's rather cash strapped at the moment, and this seems to be all that
> is sitting between him and a reconstituted Mac.
>
> Offline response, please.

First, it's completely inappropriate to make this request to a public
list. . .

Second, this list is focused on BSD Unix, and really only deals with OS
X land tangentally. . .

if they're scratched, see if Apple will send replacements, but this type
of request is the WRONG place for this. . .

Or you can try FBSD 6.0 for macppc.