[nycbug-talk] mailing list protocol

Jan Schaumann jschauma
Wed Mar 9 11:37:31 EST 2005

Dan Langille <dan at langille.org> wrote:
> On 9 Mar 2005 at 10:34, G. Rosamond wrote:
>
> > MW has put up a short how-to on the site about mailing list protocol.
> >
> > Anyone have any comments?  I think he did a good job.

> I disagree with option 7. Replying to both the person and the list is
> what should be done.  It's standard and expected procedure on all the
> FreeBSD lists I use.

You can drop option 7 altogether.  Every user can easily modify this for
themselves by setting Mail-Followup-To, reply-to or whatnot.  And each
person receiving can easily filter incoming mail and create or discard
duplicates as they see fit.

-Jan

P.S.: I always recommend http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html
(which isn't written by me, even though it's on my server, so don't
claim I'm just pushing my own agenda ;-)

--
chown -R us:enemy your_base