[nycbug-talk] mailing list protocol

Dan Langille dan
Wed Mar 9 15:01:22 EST 2005

On 9 Mar 2005 at 14:49, George Georgalis wrote:

> I don't want to drop posts to from the list, I just don't want
> duplicates of list conversations I participate in. Nor will I get wrapped
> up in a debate about it, but I would like to point out there hasn't been
> a reason posted why duplicates should be sent, let alone a good reason,
> only that it's what all the lemmings do.

Well, if you want discussion, don't start by calling us lemmings.

People wiser than us decided that's it's a good way to run a list. I
happen to agree.  But any reasons I give you will be dismissed with
"but you can do it this way".

Technical and personal solutions exist for both camps.
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - The Technical BSD Conference - http://www.bsdcan.org/