[nycbug-talk] multi-boot madness

Charles Sprickman spork
Sun Mar 13 18:22:00 EST 2005

Howdy,

For a number of reasons I have two boxes that I want to install all
current *BSDs on.  So far I have been less than successful in
finding/using a good boot-selector for this.  I totally creamed something
when I got to NetBSD.  From what I gather GRUB is a decent choice, but
then I run into my next problem...  There appear to be evil floppy drive
spirits that have rendered just about every floppy drive I own useless, so
whatever I choose, it's all gotta be CD only (plus that's the future
anyhow, right?).

Any suggestions?  From the little I can figure out about grub, it's hard
to install it if you don't:

-have a floppy drive
-install linux

I've been a BSD user and admin for a long time and I've been a complete
"one os per machine" guy for all that time, so I'm really out of the loop
on what's out there and have little understanding of the issues involved.

Thanks,

Charles