[nycbug-talk] problems with email

pete wright nomadlogic
Mon Mar 14 15:00:05 EST 2005

Hi all,
     So I guess it was a good thing I started researching DSL for my
home last week.  I think I completely fried my colocation server,
which is in New York and I'm in LA.  I'm now in the forced process of
moving my email servers to my house and have a couple questions for
the list.

1) I'm running a secondary MX server at my house, it is currently
holding all of my domains email as "deferred" in it's postfix queue.
My plan is to turn this into my Primary MX server soon.  Any gotcha's
I should look out for.  My thinking is, make the changes in DNS, and
once I see them here I'll flush the queue and hopefully my domains
messages will get delivered back the local machine.  Am I missing
something here...
(btw this will be done after I have my local IMAP mailboxen set up and
running so the mail will have somewhere to be delivered to).

2) While I am in the process of dealing with broken email, I've done
some research into using cyrus instead of courier as my imapd.  Seems
like it should address some of the performace issues I've noticed
recently.  I've not been able to find any info on google on migrating
from Maildir/Courier to cyrus.  Is this a job for fetchmail?

-p

--
~~o0OO0o~~
Pete Wright