[nycbug-talk] serial remote access hardware recommendations

pete wright nomadlogic
Mon Mar 14 17:30:14 EST 2005

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:29:04 -0500 (EST), Dru <dlavigne6 at sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Any recommendations for serial remote access hardware for a FreeBSD 5.2
> box at a remote colo? They don't provide serial hardware and charge a
> service call when we can't get in over the network...

Hi Dru,
     There is a company that makes a pic card that you can put in a
box and it allows you to ssh to the card then from there get a secure
serial connection to the server.  Here's the link:

http://www.realweasel.com/intro.html

I too would be interested in hearing any other options, other than
having two boxes connected via serial cable...

-p

--
~~o0OO0o~~
Pete Wright