[nycbug-talk] Restricting OpenSSH by account/IP

pete wright nomadlogic
Tue Mar 15 14:14:10 EST 2005

> Yes but how, the firewall doesn't have knowledge of the user. Regarding
> the other comment I can see how to do this with SSH keys, unfortunately
> I need to use passwords for these user accounts. I need something that
> looks as close as possible to "plain ssh with passwords" so authpf or
> another pre-authentication method would be out of the picture.

just because you are using key's doesn't mean that you don't have to
use a password.  In fact it would probably be better to paasword
protect your key's.  Unless I'm missing something....

-pete

--
~~o0OO0o~~
Pete Wright