[nycbug-talk] Restricting OpenSSH by account/IP

Paul Dlug paul
Tue Mar 15 16:17:30 EST 2005

On Mar 15, 2005, at 2:14 PM, pete wright wrote:

> just because you are using key's doesn't mean that you don't have to
> use a password.  In fact it would probably be better to paasword
> protect your key's.  Unless I'm missing something....

Yes the keys are protected by passphrase but by "password" I mean plain
unix password authentication, not authentication with SSH keys. As far
as I know you can't apply the IP access restrictions to the password
authentication scheme, only the keys authentication.

--Paul