[nycbug-talk] Fwd: Adaptec AAC raid support

Dan Langille dan
Mon Mar 21 14:03:47 EST 2005

On 21 Mar 2005 at 13:49, G. Rosamond wrote:

> First, it is clear that the Adaptec debate has built more walls between
> OpenBSD and FreeBSD.  That is why I would hold off on cheering for
> either Scott Long of FreeBSD and Theo of OpenBSD.  Negative divisions,
> as opposed to different focuses and directions, is *not* good by any
> means.

What's the Scott Long connection to this?

> They are pushing all the other cards. . .  most recently, the card
> mentioned repeatedly was the LSI/AMI MegaRAID.

FWIW, I recently bought two new 64bit LSI SCSI card for US$34.  I'm
quite happy with it.

--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - The Technical BSD Conference - http://www.bsdcan.org/