[nycbug-talk] Fwd: Adaptec AAC raid support

bruno bruno
Mon Mar 21 15:17:27 EST 2005

> For those of you who didn't follow this thread, OpenBSD 3.7 will ship
> without Adaptec RAID support, as made slashdot yesterday:
>
> http://bsd.slashdot.org/bsd/05/03/20/1944233.shtml?
> tid=137&tid=198&tid=190&tid=172&tid=7
>
> IMHO: Go Theo.  Walking the walk aint' easy, glad someone's tough in
> Open Source.

To make it a little more clear, it will have support but it will be
disabled in GENERIC kernel. You will have to enable it if you need to
use it. I didn't read slashdot so I don't know if they said this
already.

> --
> With that stated, as the dust is settling with this issue- and myself
> being a bit outside of the daily-use OpenBSD camp, what is everyone
> going to use for RAID on OpenBSD?  (I'm particularly interested in sata
> hardware raid...?!?)

Not sure for SATA, perhaps LSI, I do know that Adaptec supposely has
bugs in their SATA raid cards and they will freeze your server.

For SCSI, LSI (or anything else by ami driver).

Bruno
--
http://www.loftmail.com