[nycbug-talk] Fwd: Adaptec AAC raid support

bruno bruno
Mon Mar 21 15:39:30 EST 2005

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 03:22:50PM -0500, Isaac Levy wrote:
> On Mar 21, 2005, at 3:17 PM, bruno wrote:
>
> >Not sure for SATA, perhaps LSI, I do know that Adaptec supposely has
> >bugs in their SATA raid cards and they will freeze your server.
>
> On OpenBSD specifically? <gulp>

I really only know OpenBSD and I'm not sure of the status of other BSDs
for these RAIDs. The crashes might be related to the fact that they
don't have docs to write a driver. The fact that there _is_ a bug(s)
in firmware (if true of course) makes me avoid those cards on any OS.

Bruno
--
http://www.loftmail.com