[nycbug-talk] FreeBSD jail docs/faqs (5.x)

pete wright nomadlogic
Wed Mar 23 21:09:20 EST 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 21:02:10 -0500 (EST), Charles Sprickman
<spork at bway.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I finally got the last of the parts in for a new shell server, and one thing
> that's really integral to my planning of how we're going to divvy things up on
> that box is me getting up to speed on jails under FreeBSD.
>
> In general, my Google skills have just been going downhill, and it really
> shows in this case.  I'm simply trying to find something that's a higher
> level overview of things, and something that goes into real-world
> experiences more than the manpages do.  And of course, something that is
> specific to 5.x - I found a good amount of stuff on 4.x.  So if you've got
> any favorite HOWTOs, FAQs, etc. forward them on.  If I get a good
> collection, perhaps I could submit a doc to the nycbug site that combines
> the best information from all of them.

I've found that this link from the freebsd arch. handbook to be pretty usefull:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/arch-handbook/jail.html

This along with the new Design and Implementation book by Kurt have
both helped get my head around what's going on with the jail subsystem
from a higher level.

-pete

--
~~o0OO0o~~