[nycbug-talk] Zephyr has left the building

Tillman Hodgson tillman
Wed May 11 09:01:21 EDT 2005

On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 03:02:55AM -0400, N.J. Thomas wrote:
> I was looking for MIT's Zephyr (one of the first IM systems) in
> FreeBSD's ports system recently.
>
> A bit of digging uncovered the fact that it was removed about 2 years
> ago, presumably because it was chronically broken and probably also due
> to lack of popularity.

I recently looked into Zephyr too, and found the same thing. A
scriptable IM system that offers Kerberos authentication would be great
for corporate workgrounds.

If you happen to run across any information about Zepher on FreeBSD,
please pass it along :-)

-T

--
We tend to become like the worst in those we oppose.
	- Bene Gesserit Coda