[nycbug-talk] Zephyr has left the building

Jan Schaumann jschauma
Wed May 11 10:51:42 EDT 2005

"N.J. Thomas" <njt at ayvali.org> wrote:
> I was looking for MIT's Zephyr (one of the first IM systems) in
> FreeBSD's ports system recently.
>
> A bit of digging uncovered the fact that it was removed about 2 years
> ago, presumably because it was chronically broken and probably also due
> to lack of popularity.

I don't know Zephyr, but it appears to be in pkgsrc, which of course
works under FreeBSD as well.  (Whether or not this particular package
works under FreeBSD I do not know, either.)

Binary package for NetBSD are on the ftp servers.

-Jan

--
"Life," said Marvin, "don't talk to me about life."