[nycbug-talk] PCMCIA wireless card source?

Tom Derylo bbong718
Fri May 13 13:30:02 EDT 2005

> Hi all,
>
> I have an old (PII/333) thinkpad that boots FreeBSD, OpenBSD, and
> SuSE.  I'm trying to find a supported wireless card for it, but
> everything I'm seeing in the stores is CardBus.  Does anyone know of
> someplace local I can find some a Type II b/g card that's upported
> under at least one of the OSes?  Next step is on line, but I'd rather
> just grab it on lunch sometime if I can.

Hello,

I recently had some woes with my Toshiba Tecra 802.11b/g PCMCIA Card on FreeBSD
and with sound too, but got it to work with ndis driver, using Windows
Drivers really cool
if you ask me, you should try to get it working that way.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-wireless.html

If you need futher help on getting this to work, let me know, took me
a while to figure
it out too, and get the right .INF and .SYS Files from Windows. I have
the LinkSYS Wireless-G WPC54G ver.4 Adapter.

Good Luck

//tom