[nycbug-talk] PCMCIA wireless card source?

Michael Shalayeff mickey
Fri May 13 13:26:12 EDT 2005

Making, drinking tea and reading an opus magnum from Tom Derylo:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have an old (PII/333) thinkpad that boots FreeBSD, OpenBSD, and
> > SuSE.  I'm trying to find a supported wireless card for it, but
> > everything I'm seeing in the stores is CardBus.  Does anyone know of
> > someplace local I can find some a Type II b/g card that's upported
> > under at least one of the OSes?  Next step is on line, but I'd rather
> > just grab it on lunch sometime if I can.
>
> Hello,
>
> I recently had some woes with my Toshiba Tecra 802.11b/g PCMCIA Card on FreeBSD
> and with sound too, but got it to work with ndis driver, using Windows
> Drivers really cool
> if you ask me, you should try to get it working that way.

i am sorry but this is the dumbest statement of the week.
besides the point that implementing the ndis compatibility
layer is a mistake (although perhaps not w/o a hack value)
using it should be considered the outmost the last resort.

cu

--
    paranoic mickey       (my employers have changed but, the name has remained)